The Ambassador´s Residence is situated at 17 Shrewsbury Road, Dublin 4. The Residence was bought by the Finnish State in 1989. It is a substantial detached house, 2 1/2 floors high, which stands on its own ground of 0.65 acres. The house was built in 1912 and represents post-victorian style, which is prevalent in the neighbourhood. The distance to the City center is only some 2,5 miles, which in today´s traffic is a remarkable advantage. The Residence is in an exclusive area which is sheltered from traffic noise, it has a nice garden lawn surrounded by big trees and, as all the Finnish Residences, is provided with a sauna.